Indian Food South Philadelphia Recipe Blog #2 West Philly
Chicken Tikka Masala
Location: South Philadelphia PA
Ingredients for Recipe: Chicken
- 2 lb Chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Deghi mirch powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Lemon juice
- 4 oz Yogurt, plain whole milk
- 2 oz Vegetable oil
Ingredients for other part
- Mix chicken with all ingredients and let marinate while you are preparing the gravy or at least for 30 minutes. Sauté chicken until cooked about 70% through.
- 2 oz Vegetable oil
- 2 oz Unsalted butter
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 10 oz Yellow jumbo onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2.5 lb Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Coriander powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Cumin powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Deghi Mirch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Cumin seed
- 4 oz Chicken stock
- 4 oz Heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Roasted fenugreek leaves
- Put vegetable oil and unsalted butter into a frying pan and add bay leaves and cinnamon and sauté them until they start to pop. Be careful not to burn them.
- Add onion and cook for 4 minutes until they start to soften, stir frequently.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes, cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices and cook it down for about 10 minutes.
- Puree everything with an immersion blender.
- Add chicken to the gravy and allow it to simmer together.
- Serve hot with a dollop of cream or yogurt.
Content for class "clear" Goes Here
Tiffin Indian Cuisine South Philadelphia Testimonials
Tiffin is great. Don't take our word for it, listen to customers:
Paul DeFinis ★★★★★
"I wish there was a Tiffin near me because I'd be eating Chili Chicken everyday but I do drive down to Tiffin Northern Liberties, in Philadelphia once a week."
Jarrin M. ★★★★★
The foods is a bit pricey, but usually it's a lot food and can be split. The chili chicken is amazing! The staff is very friendly and they're doing their best. It's also BYOB!
Finally! I have found good Indian in Philadelphia. Having eaten at almost every Indian place in Philadelphia, I was not satisfied. As an Indian, I have standards. This place meets them! I've had a few times and don't understand the low yelp reviews.
Although the ambience or neighborhood aren't great, come for the food. It's delicious. Promise from an Indian.
My favorite is the Gobi Manchurian. It is delic!
I love Indian food. It is always delicious. Food here was very hearty and tasteful. Service was good also. I ordered the lamb curry spicy and I loved it!
Simchah O. Collingswood, NJ ★★★★★
Holy s*** this place is incredible. The absolute best Indian food around. They have impeccable hospitality and are super gracious. If you don't go here, your loss!